Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Knife fight

After what had been a truly tame night, (well as far as my nights go) something crazy happened.

I had been at Eloise's apartment; actually she was homeless for the week and sleeping on the couch. But all the same, it was Eloise's humble abode on this particular evening. I had made the executive decision to be a good girl and get an early night, with only a small amount of alcohol involved. I took this challenge on board very seriously, and with Eloise by my side, we successfully achieved a mere two glasses of wine, and I was home by 1am.

The night was so much more entertaining without all the alcohol anyway. I rather enjoyed sitting, watching the other ten people in the room get drunk and high. It was one of the funniest experiences I have had yet.

As my curfew approached, I was off. And believe me, leaving the apartment and saying my goodbye's was not such an easy task. Well with the state of the people I was saying goodbye to. In fact, they put me a little behind my curfew by the time I was "allowed" to leave.

Eloise ever so kindly offered to walk me to the station to ensure my safety. However, I made her aware that then that would put her safety at risk when she walked back home alone. Great thinking 99!

As I approached the L station on 1st Ave I heard commotion a little ahead of me. Pretending I was oblivious to the whole thing, I continued on my path and walked straight in to what turned out to be a knife fight. Well let me rephrase; not a fight as yet, but an extremely drunk and drugged up girl pulling a knife on her boyfriend, a dog, and some homeless people.

I was standing five metres to her side. My heart was jumping out of my skin, and still I continued to act as if everything was fine. As soon as I took the corner of the metro steps, I was away. It was one of those moments where I envisioned myself falling down the metro stairs, and then it seemed forever trying to find my metro card. And of course, when I finally found it, the damn thing wouldn't swipe.

But I am OK! Not even shaken up in fact. It was an odd end to my night. I mean, a knife was pulled right in front of me. But I think I did good!

1 comment:

  1. Hahahaha oh memories...I miss that lounge (notice how you wrote couch? So American of you). I really should have walked you to the L...bad friend! x

    ReplyDelete