The exciting news first - my littlest sister Rachel (aka - Razo) was flying in to visit me in NY for five days. Beyond excited!
The bad news - my NYC partner in crime Eloise was flying back to Oz. On the same flight that was bringing Razo in, believe it or not!
Eloise & I had planned a BIG final morning in the city. We met at Soul Cycle at 9am for a spin class; no better way to start off your morning, believe me.
After class, we took our hideously sweaty selves, and went our separate ways; me to Bed, Bath & Beyond to make my apartment a little more livable for Razo's visit. And Eloise, back home to pack!
Of course, as everything seems to happen in my life at the moment, I was running a tad late to meet Eloise so we could share a taxi to JFK. Once realizing that the first ten cab's I hailed down refused to drive all the way to JFK, I began thinking we had left our departure a tad late!
We finally managed to bribe a driver to pay in cash & he was happy :)
Half way to JFK I received a phone call from Mum asking if I had arrived at the airport, if Razo's flight was on time, if she was off the plane yet - a million questions! Somehow I thought we had more time up our sleeves than we actually did. I thought it was well over an hour and a half until she landed, but alas, it was half an hour. My bad!
We both jumped out of the cab and raced to the line. Luckily we were THAT late, that there was no one else in the check-in line & we went straight to the desk. Eloise checked in quickly & to my amazing luck, I didn't have to go through customs and all the way to the gate as I had expected. (Razo travelled as an unaccompanied minor) I just had to wait for her to be brought out to me! Phew!
Eloise & I said our bittersweet goodbyes and she was off.
Half an hour later, Eloise called me to say she just spotted a little LG look alike coming off the plane, and I knew she was not far away!
With a spare puffer jacket in hand, I eagerly awaited her jumping out in front of me...instead she surprised me from behind, and her cute little Aussie accent made me jump and nearly brought me to tears.
Best arrival EVER!
Aww LG this is making me sad! So glad I got to meet Rachel for a hot minute even if she had no idea who I was...and equally glad we didn't die in that taxi!
ReplyDelete