
The day after Christmas is when it all went down!
So much snow, I didn't know what to do. I had been at work all day & got to experienced a little snow fall on the way to work that morning. But nothing that would prepare me for what I walked out to at the end of the night!
I ran out to Bloomingdale's on my break to buy some Hunter rain boots. You can't survive snow like this, and stay on two feet without Hunter rain boots!
I walked outside, and turned to my co-worker. The smile beaming out of me was priceless (I can only imagine. Like a kid in a candy store).
I trudged in the snow all the way to the station, while my co-worker cussed and screamed at the snow. How inconsiderate it was being! His remarks were priceless.
Of course the next day was 'snow day!' It was absolutely amazing. I got to stay in bed & watch the snow fall outside my window. Unfortunately for me, most people were still out of town, and my snowball fight was solo. But that didn't bother me one bit.
I had been warned that I would go hungry that night, and noone would be able to go out for food. I freaked out, because my kitchen contained hot chocolate, and Vegemite! That's it!
Luckily, the trusty 24hr diner was doing deliveries. I felt so horrid even calling about food, but it was either that, or a squeezy tube of Vegemite straight in to my mouth!
I loved everything about the snow. The flurries, the blizzard, snow day! What more than a hell of a lot of snow to put a smile on your face?
Rest assured fellow Aussies; I have been informed that I am NOT yet a true New Yorker...because I love the snow way too much!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment