Saturday, April 9, 2011

My laugh isn't that funny...

I was strolling down the street with my partner in crime, Eloise. We had just finished a lazy Saturday night in with Pizza and wine, and felt the need to head up the street to buy some cupcakes for dessert.

I got Vanilla with French Vanilla icing, and Eloise got Banana with French Vanilla icing. So yum!

After a lovely end to our lazy night in, things turned. As we were walking home, a group of teens put me and my big mouth in their place.

Eloise had said something that was obviously hilarious, and in my loud mouth way, I laughed so hard that an awful shriek came out. We both looked at each other knowing it was a tragic laugh, but really, this is a common occurrence with me, and we thought nothing of it.

Until....Seconds later, the group of 5 minors in front of us let out a sarcastic laugh in response. Eloise looked at me thinking no way! But indeed, a group of 14 or 15 yr olds had just mocked my laugh walking the streets at 10pm on a Saturday night.

Eloise in all her wit, turned to me and said "well I guess you shouldn't laugh anymore Laura".

With that, one of the girls ahead responded, "I guess not!"

I stopped in my tracks, not knowing how to take it all in. I had just been made fun of by a bunch of kids.

And then came the icing on cake...

"Some people just don't belong in America."

Eloise and I could not compose ourselves. The laughing continued ten fold!

To all you little brats...I DO BELONG IN AMERICA!


No comments:

Post a Comment