Sunday, June 20, 2010

The City of Angels

In the 100m walk from my hotel to the nearest metro, I had already been approached by a local attempting to harass me with his (tourist trap) 100 questions. Being the bitch that I am, I barely stopped to acknowledge him, let alone take part in his little flirtation game. Success; it worked!

First stop...FOOD! My last meal had been breakfast at 7am on the plane...it was now 6pm! I hopped off at Hollywood/Highland on the main strip, and with memories of the food I had eaten on my last trip to LA, opted for Maccas as a safe option. Yes you heard it here; Maccas IS a safe option in times like this!

"One small cheeseburger meal please."

A medium chips, medium coke & TWO cheeseburgers later...yes TWO cheeseburgers, because supposedly a small meal consists of TWO cheeseburgers! I left the 2nd one on the table when I left. I had seen a few homeless men walking through the tables looking for left overs, so I thought it was the right thing to do.

While sitting in Maccas I had my 2nd local encounter. A man parked his arse on the chair opposite me. I continued attacking my cheeseburger in an attempt to discretely ignore him, but he missed the point completely!

"What's you name? Where are you from? Do you mind if I sit & talk to you? I just want to know your story if that's fine."

No it is not fine! Honestly! "I'd rather be left alone."

"Seriously? Sitting with me is better than sitting alone, right???? Take a look at my CD, I'm a dj. I'm playing tonight" - & so it continued.

"I just want to sit on my own."

"For real?"

I already said for real. Get the point & move along buddy!

Too far do you think? I think not. Especially when he whipped out the CD. That guy had motive trying to talk to use his cd to get through to me! Was it money he wanted for it? Sex perhaps? I highly doubt it was a simple chat just because he didn't want me sitting alone?

I walked up the strip for a while, until it started to get dark. I'm not going to go in to detail about the strip, because I find it tragically boring. To put it in one sentence; Over-crowded, star studded, gum covered streets! I stepped in fresh gum three times.

Home time.

Waiting for the metro I had my third and final encounter of the male, local species for the day. Three in three hours isn't bad, however this time it was two guys, so that would make it four guys in three hours. They began serenading me. At first they were just singing, having a jam session of sorts underground or something. Then I started listening to the words. They were talking about me. Signing about the clothes I was wearing, about how tall I was and how beautiful I was. It was complete improvisation about me. I once again turned the bitch switch on, and pretended I was hearing impaired and couldn't hear a word of what they were signing. Awkward or what?

To say that i was a tad scared is a complete understatement. I was freaked out, and then a strange thing happened. They stopped and started talking about barbie. No joke. What they like & dislike about barbie.

I think they were gay...

1 comment: