I continued to follow her, and then offered to put some dresses she was holding in the fitting room. On hearing her open her mouth, my doubt had been turned around. She had a VERY Australian accent and had picked up a dress much too big for her. She was going by Australian dress sizes, and not US.
A moment later, she walked back to the front of the store, where a hell of a lot of commotion and noise started coming from around the corner. I looked around, and low and behold, a small Australian celebrity crew had gathered near the entrance to the store.
Alannah Hill and Master Chef's George Calombaris were standing with their possy's, causing much havoc among other customers. Customers were staring at the loud Australian voices, and the girls I work with were staring in wonderment also. They could tell they were somebody, but had NO idea who the hell they were.
I was excited of course!
Another one of my customers who was visiting New York from Singapore asked me what all of the commotion was about. When I told her it was Alannah Hill, she nearly dropped to the ground. As a huge fan, I took it upon myself to later introduce the two parties. The Singapore customer was so cute, and Alannah was the sweetest to her.
Once the commotion was over, and George realised he had stumbled in to a girls store instead of a man's store, I helped Alannah with a few dresses. She bought up big, and we had a fantastic little chat.
Sweetest, most down to earth, cutest person. I loved every minute of it. She loved every minute of it. It was a cute little NYC moment all around!
what about JT and KP???
ReplyDeleteCOMING.......Who is asking??? Anonymous....
ReplyDelete