Sunday, August 22, 2010

Officially New Yorkers...

There's a certain gratification that comes with giving people directions in New York. It's a crazy big place, and when you get to the point of knowing your Houston from your Mott, and your Fifth Ave from your Broadway, it's simply an exciting time in the 'becoming a New Yorker' process.

More and more frequently I'm finding that I am able to successfully offer people directions. And it feels great! For weeks I wouldn't even give people the chance to ask for directions. I would cut them off mid sentence with the ever so quick response "I'm not from here". I did however feel very proud at the fact that so people thought I looked like a local enough to ask for directions. I am asked at least three times a day, every day.

But on Saturday the 21st August 2010, at approximately 10pm, Eloise Kate Andrews and Laura Anne Gammel were officially deemed New Yorkers!!! We feel like we've come home, and couldn't imagine being anywhere else. At least for the time being!

Sorry family and friends back home, but the inevitable has happened...I have fallen head over heels in love...with the most amazing, exciting, unreal dot on the globe...NEW YORK, NEW YORK!

No comments:

Post a Comment