Sunday 22nd Aug
Started my new retail job. Worked 10-8pm on 2hrs sleep!
Monday 23rd Aug
Started my new internship. Turned up at 9am to find out they don't open until 9.30. Thank God, because I really did needed a large, double-shot iced skim latte. Worked through until 8pm. BIG, LONG, DAY and the weekend that was, had caught up with me in a BIG way.
Tuesday 24th Aug
2nd day of interning. Once again, 9.30-8pm and no lunch! Ridiculous. So tired. But, when my new bestie Monica texted me to pop over to have drinks at her place at 11pm, I was up and out of bed, on on my way to the LES (Lower East Side). I arrived, and drinks at her place turned into, "we're going out!" We're going out turned into 5am walk back through the front door and passing out on her couch.
Wednesday 25th Aug
Working at my third job; another retail job working in an Australian boutique. Luckily the day was quiet, and I was able to sit at the desk all day staring in to thin air. 12-8pm shift! It was tough. I had friends attempting to get me out again tonight, but wisely I opted to stay in.
Thursday 26th Aug
Worked from 10-8pm again. Still running on some strange form of natural high. Lorien (a tough relationship to put in to words; so I won't) was in town with a couple of friends from Australia, and tonight was the night I had to show her how we did it in NYC! I met up with a friend at a bar for drinks straight after work. We met some gorgeous men (and some not so gorgeous men) and drank some beautiful drinks (mainly bought up by the not so gorgeous men). The night ended with three bars, one hotel, and five clubs. We sure showed the Aussie girls how we do it in NYC! Walked through my front door at 6am.
Friday 27th Aug
Work 11-8pm. Thank goodness I made it home to my own bed last night, and not my friends couch again. It was nice to have the extra hour sleep too.
Got home from work, and had a call from Monica saying I needed to get dressed up & in to Manhattan stat! We were invited to a VIP event for the US Open. Yummy yummy boys! Unfortunately I was too slow getting ready, and by the time I was on my way, Monica had called to say that we were meant to arrive half an hour ago in order to get in. But, we were all dressed up and hungry, hungry, hungry. To The Standard Hotel we went. A nice relaxed night, and home before 12am!
Saturday 28th Aug
Work 10-7pm. Finally I went to went to work on a full 8hrs of sleep, and it really did make all the difference. All refreshed, I was ready to hit the town one last time for the week. Sadly for me, this was the worst night yet. We started with drinks at a friends house. Then on to a few clubs. The night ended back at another friends place at around 4.30am. He ordered way too many burgers, fries and wings, and we all (all fifteen of us) sat around watching bad TV until 7.30am, at which time Monica and myself hopped in a cab, homeward bound. I started work at 10am, so barely had time for a 15min power nap, a long, hot shower, and on to work I went!
The week that was...and never will be again...65hrs of work...28hrs sleep (28hrs too little)...28+hrs of partying...and this is what they call New York, New York!
Lorien (a tough relationship to put in to words; so I won't) ...???
ReplyDeleteThank goodness I made it home to my own bed last night, and not my friends couch again ... aka some random dude's bed!!!
ReplyDeletewho is writing these anonymous comments????
ReplyDelete