Tuesday, August 17, 2010

08/17/2010 Part: 1

My day yesterday.......WOW!

It began signing contracts and paper work for my new job. Don't get too excited; just retail! But little was I expecting to be held hostage for four hours! What I had thought was just signing on the dotted line, turned in to an hour of signing dotted lines, followed by three hours of computer training! Worst NY experience yet!

After finally getting away from work, I had to get uptown to Grand Central to vote! So exciting. I arrived at the Australian Consulate and it was "yeah mate" in one corner, and "you betcha" in the other corner. I don't know if it's because I'm surrounded by American accents day in & day out, but everyone at the Consulate sounded beyond bogan. After a few Aussie laughs and a VERY casual voting process, I was all done in under five minutes, and I walked out of the Consulate on an unusually strange high! Never in my life have I felt so excited after voting, but I think being on Aussie soil for a brief moment excited the heck out of me.

I continued back down to Chelsea, where I needed to get some money out. I stopped in at a Chase bank ATM, and noticed one of the teller's watching my every move from over my shoulder. On pulling my money out of the ATM she ran over and ripped the receipt out the ATM, congratulating me on winning $125 in a promotion they were running. I was lead through the bank with everyone working at Chase congratulating me as I was walked through. It felt like my name had been called out on The Price Is Right, and I was running up on to the stage getting hi-five's left, right and centre.

An hour later, and I was signed up with Chase bank and have a debit card on its way to me. Go figure. At least it has $125 loaded onto it.

Next task for the day was a trip to Bed, Bathroom & Beyond. I finally moved into my official permanent residence over the weekend, and needed a few essentials; pillows, rubbish bin, brita water jug, coat hangers, wall mirror.....and the list goes on. Long story short, I had to lug my new, large purchases all the way back home on the metro during peak hour. I looked like Santa Clause with my BIG shopping sack flung over my shoulder.

After a crazy long day I hit the shower and put on my pj's as soon as I arrived home. It was 10pm and I was sitting chatting to a friend online, when I found out about a huge event in the Meat Packing District.

To be continued....

2 comments: